Getting software?

maintenance

anyone know where i can get rslogix or a diffrent program to program my slc 500 series plcs? i have one at work but would like to have one at home to maybe write some programs out of the office.

Your Allen Bradley distributor would be the first place to go.

You **might** try EBay, but if so, make sure that the seller actually TRANSFERS the license to you through Rockwell.

Greetings maintenance,

and welcome to the forum ...

if each of your computers has a floppy drive, then this method might be helpful ...

activation.JPG

you can find the details in Appendix A at the end of this manual ...

rsdoran said:
You can get the 10pt Micrologix version free from AB. I keep misplacing the direct link but go here: http://support.rockwellautomation.com/webupdates/

Agree to it, on next page it will list products; select RSL500, one of the choices will be RSLogix 500 Starter for 10 Point MicroLogix 1000 Programming Software

Kiss my grits, that link will take you to where you enter your name, do not have to register or be on support.

As I have mentioned before I spent some time in the southern U.S. I picked up most of the slang and still use y'all to this day. "Kiss my grits" is one I have never heard, and yes I know what "grits" are. Can you provide a translation?

allscott said:
"Kiss my grits"

What was the show in the 70's maybe early 80's...the waitress said that all the time, my dad used to watch the show...She meant it to be similar to kiss my a$$, that was long ago...when they still had censoring on TV

Edit: Thanks Mickey...Alice definition number 2...

Last edited:
it was, so you did not spend enough time in the south...its more proper then saying ***

grits.gif

Last edited:
allscott said:
As I have mentioned before I spent some time in the southern U.S. I picked up most of the slang and still use y'all to this day. "Kiss my grits" is one I have never heard, and yes I know what "grits" are. Can you provide a translation?

In general its just a nice and humorous version of kiss my a.. It is used by people that don't cuss, like many terms it can be applied in a joking or derogatory manner. I have no idea when or where it came from except that it was a common expression when I was young.

If it wasn't so far from my family I would still be down there. I miss Corky's, Rendezvous, and Platinum Plus in Memphis. had trouble handling the heat though.

geniusintraining said:
it only gets hot once a year.....sometime in late March

Yeah march till November. I remember being up on an overhead crane in July. The festoon had fallen down and I had to haul it back up and fix it. I had to have someone bring me up some water because I didn't think I could make it down on my own.

I had a casual conversation with a mill operator when I mentioned it was HOT. He told me it wasn't so bad, the previous summer he was tarring the roof of the melt shop at a steel plant next door. I can't imagine!!