1769-it6

VRBASGRAD

Hello

I have 1769-IT6 Thermocouple card for Micrologix 1500 and I am not familiar with it. I am making heating tank so I can heat my Green House, temperature has to go to 200 degrees C and then shut of I mean it has to be maintained at 200 C but also I want to be able to maintain temperature at 100 C also. Can somebody give me a quick sample of how to do this?

Thx Everyone

Need more info. Are you having trouble setting up the card?
What heats up the tank, electrical heating element, natural gas, steam?

The most simple way is a dead band control scheme.
You could use compares and then heat would come on when temp. was equal to Setpoint minus half the deadband, and turn off when setpoint was equal to Setpoint plus half the deadband.

You could then use a discrete input to move 100 or 200 into the setpoint register.

Since this is for Heating and not a process I assume you can tolerate a water temperature swing of a few degrees.

I do have problem setting up the card. I am using J type thermocouple and I want to create program so I can adjust temperature from 50 to 200 C it all depends on ground temperature(I mean if temperature of the ground drops Ill have to apply more heat to my under ground piping system).I am using heating elements to heat the tank.All of this has to be visible on my AB Panel View 1000.I already started creating the program but something is not rite with my SCP function.

VRBASGRAD said:
I do have problem setting up the card. I am using J type thermocouple and I want to create program so I can adjust temperature from 50 to 200 C it all depends on ground temperature(I mean if temperature of the ground drops Ill have to apply more heat to my under ground piping system).I am using heating elements to heat the tank.All of this has to be visible on my AB Panel View 1000.I already started creating the program but something is not rite with my SCP function.

What do you want the channels set up to ?

Can you post your code ?

It is not necessary to use the SCP instruction. The IT6 card can be configured to retun the actual tempeature in tenths of a degree (Engineering Units) or in whole degrees (Engineering Units x10)

If you configure the card as shown then for a temperature of 100.0C channel 0 would put the number 1000 at I:1.0 and channel 1 would put the number 100 at I:1.1.

My example shows both engineering units formats configured. Choose the format you want and set both channels the same.

AL103006.JPG