Uploading trouble and driver configuration

Carlos V

1. Hi,I am trying to go online with a slc500 plc using RSLogix 500 but I am getting a upload failed error message "Decompiler --> error". I have connected to another similar PLC so I think it might be a problem with that specific PLC. Any Help.

2. I am using an A-B USB to DH485 interface converter to communicate with a slc 500 PLC however I messed around with the settings and now I am unable to communicate with the PLC. Do I have to reinstall the driver for the Interface converter or can I fix the problem through RSLinx LITE.

When dealing with possible version compatibility errors, it is far better to actually post the version numbers instead of using relative terms like "old" and "newer".

When you are seeking assistance with communication parameter settings, it is strongly suggested to post all of the parameter settings that you are using. When you describe your parameter changes as "messing with" the driver, I can only suggest that you "unmess" with the driver.

Decompiler Errors are rare, and generally relate to the use of very old software in the original programming of a device. Post the actual part number and version (if it's visible on a sticker) of the controller.

I am having the exact same problem with an "OLD" SLC500 1747-L40C SER C FRN 6. My version of RSLogix is 7.10.00 (CPR 7). I am connected thru a 1747-UIC, DF1, 1747-KE, 19200, CRC. I can see the device no problem, but when I attempt to download or go online, I get an error during "reading data tables". "Upload Failed! Decompiler -> Unknown error!" The PLC is faulted, which is why we have it. Any ideas?