OT wiring in India

allscott

I'm sure some of you have seen this. It makes me think of the thread of the guy who was questioning whether or not he should take a job in India. So scary it's almost funny. Note that I said almost, there are people that actually have to work on this mess.

scaryelectrical11.jpg

scaryelectrical12.jpg

scaryelectrical13.jpg

Last edited:
not the correct picture!

Dear Mr.Allscott,

With all due respect what you have depicted is only a very small picture of a nation of 1 billion ppl.We are one of the fastest growing economies in the world and are also in focus of the global automtion giants like Siemens.AB.So whoever is offered job in india will be getting paid extremely well.Also we are using automation products like never before so probably the pictures you got are 10 years older.

Regards
Prasad

What is that, vines growing on the power lines? I have seen places in the rural Southern US where the kudzu vines on the pole lines looked as bad.

Vines are a real problem for electric utilities. Once they get on the live wires you can't cut them off without danger of electrocution. In populated areas you can't spray-poision them, so it is difficult to control them.

Last edited:
To be perfectly fair, I am yet to see at least one perfectly upright pole anywhere in Chicago area. Somehow those people at ComEd cannot keep'em staright. And the wiring in most cases looks pretty sloppy as well.

The point is, the U.S is not the neatest place in the world when it comes to utility systems' esthetics. Maybe with the exception of the newer developements where the stuff has been put underground from the beginning.

But nothing like on those pictures, I have to agree.

Well said Prasad.
But I don't think India need any help to work with above situation from outside.
Look at the growth rate of India.
If someone want to search to make comment over any Nation they he can find such kind of pictures for every county and post it here.
This forum is not for such things.
If one really want something good from India search for Indian culture.
Sorry to post nontechanical comments on techanical forum

Last edited:
To my friends from India...

Don't take these pictures the wrong way... as they look like a few of the cabinets that I have worked on in USA

Trust me, if you ever meet the one they call "Red Neck" you will be know who built them :D

Your couple of wires misplaced on a pole have nothing on him :)

-----------------------------------------

Southern US where the kudzu vines

That stuff is unreal... it can grow over 6" a day

Last edited:
allscott said:
I'm sure some of you have seen this. It makes me think of the thread of the guy who was questioning whether or not he should take a job in India. So scary it's almost funny. Note that I said almost, there are people that actually have to work on this mess.

That is a dated snap from some small village/town in india, the mess you see are power distribution cables and telephone cables. The snap does not tell what wiring or working in India is like.

Personally i found your lack of knowledge of India more amusing than the pictures...

It was not my intnet to insult or derogate India or its people. These were simply some pictures of some awful wiring that happened to be in India. Since most of the people here have an electrical background I thought some people might find them interesting.

I have seen a lot of this world but haven't had the chance to visit India yet but it is one of the countries in the world that I plan on seeing sometime in my life.

My apologies to anyone that was offended.

geniusintraining said:
To my friends from India...

Don't take these pictures the wrong way... as they look like a few of the cabinets that I have worked on in USA

Trust me, if you ever meet the one they call "Red Neck" you will be know who built them :D

Your couple of wires misplaced on a pole have nothing on him :)

A sample of GIT's Red Neck stuff

Redneck1.jpg

redneck2.jpg

redneck3.jpg

Good use of old jock strap.
redneck4.jpg

redneck5.jpg