Free AB SLC and Micrologix Software Utilities Major Release 2

Archie

A new version of the Allen Bradley utilities has been posted. This version contains bug fixes and many new features:

- Program Upload/Download
- Read All Data and Save to File, then Write Data Back to PLC from File
- Support for ML1100, ML1200, ML1500
- Graphing of data

It can be downloaded from here:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=192333

I need as much feedback as possible. This is a Beta version, so I do NOT recommend testing on a production system initially.

Source code will be posted in a few days.

- Read All Data and Save to File, then Write Data Back to PLC from File
I will test this out this week!!

This will make life easy! You rock!

Archie -

When I try to use the "List Data Tables" button I get the following error: "Failed to get program directory size - illegal command or format, Address may not exist or not enough elements in the file" I'm assuming I need to list the data table before I can save that to a text file?

I'm using a Micrologix 1500 series C

I am able to connect and "Read Multiple Elements", I have not tried to write or read single elements.

Paully's5.0 said:
Archie -

When I try to use the "List Data Tables" button I get the following error: "Failed to get program directory size - illegal command or format, Address may not exist or not enough elements in the file" I'm assuming I need to list the data table before I can save that to a text file?

I'm using a Micrologix 1500 series C

When you save the data to a file, it will get the data table list first so you don't have to list it. But I'm sure it will give you the same failure.

This can be a tough one to figure out. I'm actually surprised because most of the testing was done by someone with an ML1500.

Can you do a data capture using this utility:

http://www.download.com/Free-Serial-Port-Monitor/3000-2218_4-10395967.html?part=dl-FreeSeria&subj=dl&tag=button

Set it up for Serial Port Monitor and Request View. Then run the program and try to list the tables or save the data. Once it captures the data, copy the last request and answer data. That will give me more details of why it failed.

Paully's5.0 said:
When I try to use the "List Data Tables" button I get the following error: "Failed to get program directory size - illegal command or format, Address may not exist or not enough elements in the file"
I found the problem. The LSP and LRP use two different processor codes. You probably have the LRP and I did all the testing on an LSP. I will post a fix in the morning.

Archine -

Success! I'll be comparing what your program read/wrote to the plc with my plc program to verify values are all correct, initial results look very good!

I appreciate your effort!

Paully's5.0 said:
Success! I'll be comparing what your program read/wrote to the plc with my plc program to verify values are all correct, initial results look very good!
One thing to note is that the data is saved in a text file that can be edited with notepad. Let's save for example you upload the data, but want to download back only the values from the N7 file. You can edit the text file and delete all lines except the 2 lines that relate to the N7 table.

Alaric said:
Is that the source for Beta2 with the fix for the LRP processor?
Yes it is. I intentionally delayed posting the source because I knew there would be some issues show up such as the LRP processor. I haven't heard of anymore issues, so I went ahead and posted the code with all the latest fixes.