SFB4 behaving wierdly

Doug_Adam

I finally decided to bite the bullet and try out the IEC timer blocks in the S7 PLC. These are SFB4 = TON (Delay ON), SFB5 = TOF (Delay OFF), and SFB3 = TP (Pulse Timer).
TON behaved strangely. No matter the preset time, the Q (output) would come on immediately the IN bit was set.
Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, have you been able to get around it?
The TOF and TP timers worked as advertised, only the TON caused a problem.
Also, I was using the PLC Sim, not a real PLC to test this.

TIA,

Doug

Thanks for that, although I am using a 5.3 rather than a 5.2 simulator. Still, I only bought it a month ago, so I will contact Siemens in the morning.

Thanks again,

Doug

Similar Topics

Hi All I managed to use SFB4 in a FC using the IN_OUT interface, but I would like to improve if possible. Can I determine where the "timer area"...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have used two instances of the iec function block SFB4. They are defined as STAT instances within a calling function block. The presets...
Replies
Views
Hi! Is it possible to declare several SFB4 (TON) in a UDT and then create several DB of type (from our UDT)? I was hoping not to have them...
Replies
Views
If I want to force a TON (SFB4) to be complete can I use a one-shot to initiate a move where I will take the PT value and place it in the ET...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a simple function block that does not function when I use multi instance SFB4 IEC Timer On Delay. I could not attached a zip of the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom