Pass from FactoryTalk View to RSLogix

athdru

So i've been racking my brains out for the last 2 days.

I setup a few (over 200) digital alarms in RSLogix5000. I'm using FactoryTalk View Site Edition for MMI Programming.

Now, i want to also illuminate a desk Lite if there are any alarms that are unacknowledged. I can do so on the MMI via the 'AE_InAlmUnackedCount()' function and tie that to an expression (if count > 0 then 1 Else o) and that's the Color expression for a circle.

Now i'm looking for a way to set an output bit in the PLC that turns on a lite somewhere else along the line.

possible?

can you explain the "pair of events"?

I haven't had any formal trainng with View, it's been mostly trial and error to get things to work.

Thanks again.

Attached is a sample event file to do what you asked. Unzip it, then in Studio, right click on "Events", and select "Add Component Into Application".

Find the file, and add it.

Note, this one assumes you have a tag called "\HMI\HMI_Unacked_Alarm_ST" which connects to the PLC.

In your startup macro, (or at the command line, or in startup options), add the command "EventOn Alarm_ST"

Thank you so very much.

It seems so obvious now, but when you are handed an install cd and activation key and told to run....that isn't the case.

thanks again.