micrologix 1500

c.witschen

I have a micro logix 1500 and I have a problem-- I have an analog input card--1769-IF4-- I HAVE ONE 0-10 VOLT DC signal.. All i need to do with this signal is read it-- convert it to a feet per minute scale and be able to read it in the data files and paste it to a spread sheet-- I am not sure how to do this and I need to add this to my program on sunday morning-- you smart guy's out there can you walk me through this?--

I am not sure what input to wire to or how to address it-- HELP.

Clarence Witschen
[email protected]. or [email protected]

Is you card installed? if not you need to configure it

1. Power down the CPU and plug in the card, you will also need an end card (cap) this has end of the line resistors in it, this will fault the cpu when you power it back up, go on-line and update it or setup an off line file and download it to the cpu

a. double click your new card in the I/O config screen on your program tree

2. Wire in 24vdc to the bottom of the new card (this can come from the main PLC) wire in your input + to + / - to -

3. Write a SCP instruction in lad 2, fill in the blanks

4. Using an data file MOVe the SCP output to your data file array every time you want to sample your speed

I don't have any idea of how much you know about PLC's but this should work... if you know very little then you are going to have a very long day

Mark