PLC to laptop connectivity

mdsami849

I have a HP laptop and a USB to RS232 converter and i want to connect all my PLCs through this connector, can any one tell me is any thing else(like some driver or software) is required to create the com port on my laptop? Has any one got that driver?

Welcome to the forum

You need to install the driver you got with your converter.
This converters have unique driver for each of them.
You can get it over the web if it made by decent manufacturer.
PC with USB convertor will work for most PLCs.
Some PLCs like AB DH485 it would not work.

plc connectivity

hello dear,
which plc do you want to connect. some plc to pc converter take power from pc side which is not avaliable in usb to RS232 converter.

Similar Topics

Hi; I have Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad (W10) which don't have built-in Bluetooth. I have a PLC having Bluetooth communication device. I wanted to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a task at work that I'm hoping someone will be able to help me find a solution for. Here is the background info: I have a...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the basic question: At the moment, the PLC [S7-1200] is connected to a laptop (contains TIA Portal) via the ethernet port. When I add...
Replies
Views
I'm about to have a guy onsite (I'm trying to help troubleshoot remotely) and he doesn't have the proper software. Usually I have the guys install...
Replies
Views
Hi; I have a DUPONT brand machine having OMRON PLC CQM1-CPU21-E. I have CX Programmer installed in my Laptop having W1indow10. I want to go...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom