Toshiba T2 PU234E CPU

Pletchj

I am having trouble connecting to a Toshiba T2 PLC wiht a PU234E CPU with Toshiba's Programming Software T-PDS32 Ver. 2.13. I have tried using two different laptops (the first one with XP, which was not supported until ver. 2.14, and the second with Windows 2000). The symptoms are the same for both. I get a Com Error Time out. Then the shows PLC and Program in the bottom corner like it was online, but it is not. I can not upload the program from the PLC. I do not have the "Dedicated Program Cable" they mention in the manual. I have tried a regular serial cable and have made a few with no luck. Can any one tell me the pin-out for this cable? The CPU has a 9-pin Sub miniture D Female connector. I have a drawing that shows the following pin out for it.
Pin 1 - Signal Ground
Pin 2 - Rec. Data
Pin 3 - Trans. Data
Pin 5 - Signal Ground
Pin 6 - 5 VDC
Pin 7 - Req. to Send.
Pin 9 - 5 VDC
T-PDS32 Ver. 2.14 was also supposed to correct a "com time out error" in my version. I can't seem to find much help on the internet. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

The software can be downloaded from Toshiba's web site, but it will require a password. That is the only place I have seen it available.