Siemens Automation License Manager 4.0

MHennel

Yesterday I installed service pack 4 for Step7 v5.4. On the disc along with the service pack was the latest version of Automation License Manager, version 4.0. This new version will not run on my laptop. It seems to install without errors but when I try to start the application it appears to just hang. If I run Step7 it comes back with an error that a valid license can't be found. A few minutes later an error pops up that there is a problem with Automation License Manager and to reinstall it. I tried this several times with no change. I have since reverted back to version 3.0+SP1 and that one works fine.
Has anyone else had issues with version 4.0?

I haven't gotten the update dVDs yet but I'll be interested to know if there is anything wrong with the new Automation License Manager.
Did you get a chance to look into the Siemens Q&A site or call anyone?

If they come up with a solution, please post on here.
I will be upgrading as soon as i get the Package in the mail.
And the local guys are pretty good with keeping up with software stuff in my area.
Thanks !

I dont remember where I got this informationm but the official stance on ALM 4.0 is that there is a problem (with XP SP3 I think ?), and they are working on it.
Until it gets fixed, you should just use ALM 3+.

Thanks for the info. I am currently running XP SP2, but it might be related to one of the hotfixes that Automatic updates installed. I have heard of issues regarding XP SP3 so I have not installed it yet.