SlC500 5/04 to PV600

alondra007

How do i setup the slc500 5/04 to talk to the pv600(2711-K6C9) thru the rs232. How do i setup the nodes and how i make a cable to conect them.

Thanks, for any info, i am stuck here.

First of all, your PV has an RS-232 port that uses a DH-485 protocol.
So the PLC port (CH0) should be configured in that mode (default is DF1 protocol).
Then, you have to configure your panelview using Panelbuilder32 (usually it is node 2 on the networks by default);
you may also view/change the actual settings for the PV inside its Configuration, at startup.
Remember that your downloaded configuration overwrite these settings by default.

Below is some useful (I think :) ) screenshots.

pvp.jpg

Remember also that you have to use RSLinx Classic DH-485 driver to connect to both devices.
Here another screenshot on that:

rslx.jpg

Hope this helps....

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Last edited:
Thanks, i will try this tonight and i wil let u know.

Another question when i am installing the driver for RSLinx i get the message that RSLINX IS IN SERVICE MODE, REMOVE SERVICE MODE AND TRY AGAIN.

How do i remove RSLinx from SERVICE MODE?

alondra007 said:
Thanks, i will try this tonight and i wil let u know.

Another question when i am installing the driver for RSLinx i get the message that RSLINX IS IN SERVICE MODE, REMOVE SERVICE MODE AND TRY AGAIN.

How do i remove RSLinx from SERVICE MODE?

Start -> Programs -> Rockwell Software -> RSLinx -> RSLinx Classic Launch Control Panel.

Stop the RSLinx Service and uncheck the "Always Run As Service" box.