A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Archie: I am using Kepware OPC for a data collection application and would like to use AdvancedHMI for viewing reatlime data using the OPCcomm driver. Please could you advise me on how to setup the properties to use with kepware OPC.What do i enter in the OPC group,server and topic?Thanks.
I'm not much of an expert on OPC, so maybe someone else can chime in and answer this one. I think OPCServerName is the only property you have to set and it is something like "Kepware.OPCServer", but don't quote me on that.

Not power point but something interesting to show the whole process of on/ off and which valve will open and close at which time and etc.

hello guys. i finally had the time to do testing for the wago 750-842 using the modbus tcp/ip driver and its working like a charm. just tried to do reading of data using messagedisplaybyValue and i was able to get the correct values from the PLC.

here are the addresses for reference:

400001-400256 = %IW0-%IW255
400513-400767 = %QW0-%QW256
412288-424575 = %MW0-%MW255

*the prefix 4 is used for reading data (FC3)
i'm not sure the prefix for writing coil if it's 5 or 1? please correct me on this one =)

Thanks a lot for developing this archie! (y)

i hope to use this hmi in my mini-project 🍻

edit: looks like i missed the posts on wago 881! LOL

il read all the updates before posting from now on o_O

Last edited:
Errors in Importing components

Various components/controls in earlier versions are not available in v 321 (alarm grid , Modbus serial etc). When imported(added) into new version , tens of errors are generated. I tried the other-way , imported components from higher version into lower version like v 302 . Some what better results were there , but not all OK.
Did any one successfully use previous version controls into new one ?

@bopol:

Yep, i also finished my tests with the 750-881.

Your addresses are correct, with the exception, that i have to add +1 to every address to hit the right address in the WAGO. For example to read from address 12288, i have to use 412289 in AdvancedNMI.

If you wanna write to your WAGO, you have to ask Archie for a patched version of the driver DLL. The actual one seems to have a bug. I tried to write/toggle a single bit register at address 12288 (or 12289), and my VB-Application always crashed.

To write, you have to use the same address as for reading (example: 412289). At least that works for me.

Daniel

Controls with different polling rates

Hello Archie ,

(1) How could I group the controls to have different polling rates? eg for alarms 100 ms , Temperature displays 500 ms , Level display 5000 ms etc. This is to lessen the comm load. I hope where the controls are subscribed to driver is the answer.
(2) What about Serial Modbus driver version? The present driver can only read bits . Read word and write word functions do not work.

Regards,
shriram pendse

@itisnt: ur absolutely correct... modbus address is typically +1 from my above mentioned address since modbus address starts from 40001 while wago addresses start from MW0. i took note already of archie's comment on line 392... will do that tom when i get a hold of the wago hardware... thanks for posting your results btw, really helps a lot! =)

@bopol: I hope you didn't missunderstand me, there is another error in the DLL "MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.dll". It's not the one Archie mentioned above, to be corrected on line 392.

Daniel

I don't think it is anything you are doing wrong. There is a bug in the Modbus driver. Open ModbusTCPCom.vb and change line 392 to the following:

Return ReadAny(startAddress, 1)(0)

Hi archie. i tried finding line 392 but can't seem to find that one... i dont know much about VB, can you please point me to the right direction? im afraid to edit anything on the driver, i might make things worse... :unsure: which line exactly do i need to change?

itisnt mentioned a patched version of the modbus tcp dll? where can i get a hold of that one? i tried searching on the advancedhmi website but couldn't find additional DL's there.

i hope im not asking too much, thanks in advance for your time (y)

(1) How could I group the controls to have different polling rates? eg for alarms 100 ms , Temperature displays 500 ms , Level display 5000 ms etc. This is to lessen the comm load. I hope where the controls are subscribed to driver is the answer.
(2) What about Serial Modbus driver version? The present driver can only read bits . Read word and write word functions do not work.
There is a property named PollRate on each of the components, but that currently does not work. It is reserved for future versions. Currently the only way to change poll rate is at the driver level with the PollRateOverride property.

There is no serial Modbus driver. In a prior version, there was an alpha version, but it was an experimental driver that was unstable, so it was removed.

i tried finding line 392 but can't seem to find that one... i dont know much about VB, can you please point me to the right direction? im afraid to edit anything on the driver, i might make things worse... which line exactly do i need to change?

itisnt mentioned a patched version of the modbus tcp dll? where can i get a hold of that one? i tried searching on the advancedhmi website but couldn't find additional DL's there.
Open the ModbusTCPCom.vb file and go to line 392. You will see the line numbers in the lower right. If you PM me an email address, I will send you the DLL patch. This patch will be part of V3.22 when it is released.
EditModbus.png

I have found that I am guilty of spreading misinformation regarding reading program scope tags in CLX with AdvancedHMI. It is in fact possible to access program scope tags using the following format for the tag address:

Program:programName.TagName

So say the program name in my PLC is SuperProgram and I had a DINT in that program called AwesomeDINT. The address would be like this:

Program:SuperProgram.AwesomeDINT

...you win again AdvancedHMI...

Anyone having issues reading an array of reals in CLX? I can only read 44 of 300. I tried adjusting poll rate thinking i was resubscribing while pulling in the data, but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

the format I am using is - driver.readyany(tag, 300) i believe thats the format i used, i tried every way i could think of and only read 44.

Thank you

got the HMI working with the patched dll and edited modbus driver. was able to do basic start/stop with 2 pushbuttons and 1 pilot light and also able to display counter accumulated values... will be playing with the software a bit more extensively in the following days... thanks for the quick reply archie!

these are the address list for wago 750-842 using modbus tcp driver for those interested:

modbus mapping
(read only)

DI
%IX0.0--100001
%IX0.1--100002

DO
%QX0.0--100513
%QX0.1--100514

AI
%IW0--300001
%IW1--300002

AO