Intouch Ver. 9.0 Audible Alarm

Are you wishing to alarm a certain alarm, a certain alarm priority, or all alarms?

Before making audible alarms, be sure that you have appropriate alarm rationalization. Otherwise, your operators will get annoyed by it.

Oakley, Thanks for the reply, i have already designed out what is a critical alarm and what will be just a warning. The intouch application is very small (around 100 tags) but there will only be around 12 alarm conditions, so ALL new alarms will be audible if this is possible??

thanks

LH

You could use a condition script containing

PlaySound (AppPath + "\ALARM.WAV",1);

where AppPath stores the path where your wav files exist.

In Addition, if you want to allow the modification of the volume controls, you could use this ...

IF InfoAppActive( InfoAppTitle( "sndvol32" ) ) == 1 THEN ActivateApp InfoAppTitle("sndvol32");
ELSE
IF InfoAppActive( InfoAppTitle( "sndvol32" ) ) == 0 THEN StartApp "C:\Windows\System32\sndvol32.exe";
ENDIF;
ENDIF;

Just to add to Oakley's suggestion, assign your critical alarms to a single alarm group. Let's call it Critical (eg). You could then use a condition (or event) script based on Critical.UnAck == 1 that plays the audio. Create a button to acknowledge alarms. I usually have a fault acknowledge button with a Touch Script that:

FaultAckPB (I/O tag) = 1;
Ack Critical;

That silences the audio and sends an alert to the PLC to try and acknowledge the alarms. The PLC code clears FaultAckPB. If the alarms are able to be cleared in the PLC, the audio stops and the alarm goes away. If the alarm condition still exists, the alarm comes back and the audio re-commences. It's useful to add a secondary button, Silence Horn, that simply does an Ack Critical with no setting of the FaultAckPB tag to the PLC. That way if you have a defective piece of equipment causing a persistent alarm, they can silence it until repaired.

Hi friends (sorry for my bad inglish), I have a similar dude, I need the same, but don't know where add the script and how...
example:

into application script (While Running condition):

IF $System.alarm ==1 THEN

PlaySound("C\WINDOWS\AppPatch\ALARM.WAV",1);

ENDIF

but this don't work

please help me

Last edited:
Hi friends (sorry for my bad inglish), I have a similar dude, I need the same, but don't know where add the script and how...
example:

into application script (While Running condition):

IF $System.alarm ==1 THEN

PlaySound("C\WINDOWS\AppPatch\ALARM.WAV",1);

ENDIF

but this don't work

please help me

I'd make it a condition script based upon $System.UnAck and repeat the PlaySound script in a "While True" state in addition to the "On True" state so that the alarm bell will sound until the alarm is acknowledged.

BTW: You may acknowledge the alarm with a pushbutton script: Ack $System