Quantum ethernet card

pauly

Any one have an idea how I set the IP address on an NOE 771 ethernet card? I am using it with a CPU 67160 and I have tried every thing. I can't ping it, I have tried pinging the default address with no luck. I downloaded a config to the processor with a communications setup I.P etc and linked the ethernet port to the setup. Is this thhe correct way????
Pulling my hair out here!! :mad:

you can just plug in a ethernet cable to the noe and type the mac address in your web browser. this should take you to its web pages. there you can setup everything.
default user names and passwords are USER .

You’ve probably already done this, but if not.
If you have a spare Modbus port connect to the PLC using that, I presume you are using Proworx 32.
Setup the card in Traffic Cop, always use the next spare slot (I had a problem once when I put it at the end leaving a spare)
Check the Config Extension Size under Configuration is setup (150 should do it), then use Configuration Extensions to set the IP.

Chud,
Never tried that, good idea.

@pauly: What is software you are using? Is that Unity Pro?
You have to use USB cable to connect your PC to the PLC, upload program from the PLC and go to the "project browser, project\communication\network\ethernet" a widow will come up and you can change the IP address from there. After that download back to the PLC.

Good luck!