SCADA Graphics asthetics

shrirampendse

Hello all,

I develop SCADA applns on VijeoCitect, Indusoft, RSview etc generally for Process industry. Now I have a client who wont get satisfied with the screens I developed, neither he spells out how exactly screens/graphics should be.
I tried varoius background colors, arrangement of objects etc , still no joy.
Where can I get guidelines for screen graphics for SCADA/

Asthetic look, inormation and messages proporly displayed, good color schemes, user interaction pints etc.
Thanks ,
CLXenggr

Interesting. I developed some SCADA screens some years ago for a power station with pretty pictures, as per the specification. The power station manager said to me 'I do not need all that c**p, I only want to see numbers - that is all that counts at the end of the day'.
Horses for courses.

BobB's point is a good one, whatever design you choose, it is a good idea to try to get all the "stakeholders" together in a room to go over the interface before too much time is invested.

BobB's point is a good one, whatever design you choose, it is a good idea to try to get all the "stakeholders" together in a room to go over the interface before too much time is invested.

The operator that works the graveyard shift is the one you need to keep happy.

The operator that works the graveyard shift is the one you need to keep happy.

Otherwise you'll find yourself replacing HMIs with cracked screens or knives through them :(

Having said that, more and more I'm finding clients who want things to look pretty. I've started to treat these HMIs more like web pages and designed my graphics, buttons and functionality accordingly.