Crimson 3.0 - Thank You

Over the last 2+ years, the users of this forum have provided Red Lion with a wealth of ideas regarding our Crimson 2.0 software.

While advertisements of products are understandably forbidden on this site, Red Lion would be remiss not to thank everyone for taking the time to provide their input to us. We value the opinions of all of our customers, but have taken particular notice to the insight provided to us on this forum.

I am pleased to announce that your comments have resulted in Crimson 3.0! Indeed, 75% of the enhancements requested by the users of PLCs.net have been granted, with more to come.

The technology preview program went online moments ago at www.Crimson3.com, and I thought it only fitting for this forum to be the first to find out.

From Mike, Dan and everyone else at Red Lion - Thank You!

Jesse

Many thanks for a great product and fantastic support :)

As to listening to your audience, well other manufacturers could learn A LOT from this instead of........
(i will leave it there before i start another manufacturer bashing thread ;) )

Forgot to say :) C3 a great software product, thanks to the beta testers ;)

It's a nice website announcing the new release... but such a tease, to post, just before leaving before the weekend (and password the page)... Guess I can wait till Monday to view the new goodies......

-Brian

It's intended for key customers or prospects, and other who are working closely with the company, but we're also throwing it open to all PLCs.net readers in recognition of their input to the development process. In a pinch we can give out the password by PM, but we'd rather do it via the email address that Jesse posted. We shall be monitoring that address over the weekend, by the way, so there's no need to wait until Monday to submit.

Is it possible to use Crimson 3 without an internet connection? It runs fine on my office PC but won't start up on my laptop because I can't get past the registration screen.

Is it possible to use Crimson 3 without an internet connection? It runs fine on my office PC but won't start up on my laptop because I can't get past the registration screen.

Kolyur,

Registration is currently required, and therefore, needs an Internet connection when you run it the very first time. After that, you won't need a connection.

Thanks
Jesse

When I get back to the USA next week, I'll see about knocking up a quick manual registration application for people who are stuck trying to get past this step. We can then make it available through Tech Support when it is really needed.

Thanks to all at Red Lion... This is a great update, from what I have seen so far; and I'm sure, that I still have much to discover.

I love the tag grouping, and the graphics updates. The ability to copy and pass information between tags is awesome. The widgets are a great time saver as well. Can't wait for the hardware firmware to be released.

I'm sure that the hard working folks at Red Lion, aren't looking for more changes, but the one thing, that I'm finding missing, that is very important as a system integrator, is the ability to modify user rights, and even create users during runtime. The needs of users can change, after deployment, and often can be difficult to define during development. I have made my own security in the past, because of this (though I don't have on access login popup) As an OEM, the customer doesn't want to call me out, to make a user change, and I don't want to give them access to the code, to make the changes themselves. I see the addition of a USB update, which is great, but still leaves me needing to modify what should be accessible via the screen.

I really appreciate Red Lion's listening to their customers as is seen in Crimson 3.0. I hope that this may be addressed in the future.

Brian Murray

Are we just talking about a firmware upgrade? I was under the impression Crimson 3.0 will only work on upcomming G310 panels. Can the older panels handle more than 256 colors?[/quote

Some of the graphics don't show up as well, on say a G306, but it appears that Crimson 3 supports all the G3 and kadet panels.... I'm not sure if C3 will work with older hardware though.

-Brian