How To bypass "password" Panelview 1000

pmccarty

I have an Allen Bradley Panelview 1000 (Touch Screen only). During Power-up push the lower right coner to go to config mode. It ask for a password. No one knows the password. The company cannot find who installed the equipment.

Is there a way to bypass the password or reset it without loosing the program in the panel?

That's a Standard. The PV+ have a gray bezel and say Panelview Plus on them...

The program has the tickbox for "configuration screen secured" checked.

I think you can still upload the program...Are you familiar with Panelbuilder 32?

You should be able to use its program transfer features along with RSLinx, to upload the program, then you can access the passwords (and uncheck that security item if you want), then download any changes you need to make.

Also, you should check around for a copy of the original file...it will have a .pba or .pva extension...opening it offline you can look at the security screens for the passwords...if they're not changeable at run time...

Thank you! I see there in no way to bypass without Panel Builder 32 (Software), But I am please that I should be able to access it with the PB32. I have the program on order, should arrive next week.

The system is Traffic Access control on a LENEL backbone. I am looking forward to working on it. The facility has two panels. East Gate and West Gate. East Gate was struck by lighting and is dead. Installed new panel, was hope to load program from memory card, but memory card in both panel were not formated, and the card in the west gate was installed up-side-down. Line-up slots/marks were wrong. Anyway, I was going to use the good panel to format and program the Memeory card, but can't access because it is password protected and no-one has the Password.

Again Thank you!