factorytalk addressing syntax question

sorry didnt read the second part but no it doesnt show up on the df1 browser im using an old data link to comm between the pc and plc but no it doesnt show up

Close your application (not FT View) and open the Tools->Application Manager. Select backup application, [next], then select your application, [next], & [Finish]. It will create a backup application file that is used to transfer between development systems.

I was looking over the last PLC5 / PV+ app I worked on and I created internal tags which pointed to addresses in the PLC. In all of the objects connection fields, I had to put braces around the tag.

temp.jpg

Last edited:
its a simple test network the plc and the pv+ are the only ones on it
Is the PLC DH+ address set correctly?

Something else to try, is delete the ethernet driver(?) from the runtime tree.

I had an issue recently, where we replaced a PV standard with a PV+ due to a fault screen, and struggled to get comms to work. Not sure why, but deleting the ethernet driver solved the issue, even though I was using Ethernet to transfer the application, the runtime was not required.

This may/may not work for you, but solved the issue for me.

Last edited: