Factory Talk Alarm Logger

macgioo2

Hi guys,

I'm having a real problem with Factory Talk Alarm Logger.

Firstly the customer wanted to see an alarm history for each hour of the day. Speaking to rockwell support they told me that the only way to do this was to put a button on the screen and open alarm log viewer.

fine I did this, but it seems not to be creating the new log file for each hour.

Am I missing something, a service perhaps???

Need help badly please!

I assume you are using FactoryTalk View SE.

You can configure the Alarm Log by going to: Tools / HMI Tag Alarm Log Setup...

To determine which and how many alarm logs are displayed when the Alarm Log Viewer is opened, open the Alarm log Viewer (Tools / HMI Tag Alarm Log Viewer...), right click on the window, and select Properties...

On the Log Files tab of the Properties window, you can select:
- The location of the log files to be viewed (Source)
- How many files are viewable (Time Span)
- The order in which the log files are displayed (Display Order)

It's been a while since I have messed with the log viewer, but I think this should be what you are looking for. Hope this helps...

Thanks Blamb,

I got the solution I was looking for eventually.

It involved installing the SQL Express server, then adding a database in the connections field of factory talk se.

In the properties of the alarm server it was possible to point to this new database.

Using the alarm and event logger object you then have your full alarm history.

For a more detailed description go to help, online book, factory talk event and alarm....

appendix D gives an outline of all that is required

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.