configure 1756-enbt ethernet module????????/

jack84

hi all,

i have recently joined company and very new to practical plc world.

we have project where i have to connect plc with scada, to do this i have to change the gateway in 1756-enbt module.

the problem is i am not able to connect through ENBT module either ethernet cable or rs-232 via backplane.

when i connect through rs-232, i can see only cpu module. i am not able to expand backplane and view other module installed.

is there any thing to do with RSNetworx??? i don't have that software.

if any one can guide me the right procedure to reconfigure IP/Gateway in ENBT module that would be very helpfull to me.....

thanks....

What is the address scrolling across your ENBT module . ?

What is the Ethernet address of your Lap top. ?

What address do you want for your Ethernet. ?

In RSLinx are you seeing any item with a red cross through it
or a yellow triangle. ?

Welcome to the forum

What is the address scrolling across your ENBT module . ?

What is the Ethernet address of your Lap top. ?

What address do you want for your Ethernet. ?

In RSLinx are you seeing any item with a red cross through it
or a yellow triangle. ?

Welcome to the forum

scrolling address is 192.168.254.xx

I configured my laptop according to that address which is 192.168.254.103
subnet mask.. 255.255.255.0

yes, RSLINX are showing redcross through it....

one more thing, ENBT module connected through 6 port switch... and i am connecting through that switch.....

thanks for reply.....

I usually use bootp to set the IP address. Bootp software comes with AB package.

can you exactly explain me the right procedure to use bootp software.... i tried once but i am very confused while using..

i want to keep the same ip which is scrolling on enbt module.. but only thin want to change default gateway 0.0.0.0 to xx.xx.xx..xx

thanks.....

can you exactly explain me the right procedure to use bootp software.... i tried once but i am very confused while using..

i want to keep the same ip which is scrolling on enbt module.. but only thin want to change default gateway 0.0.0.0 to xx.xx.xx..xx

thanks.....
Start BootP, Tools,Network Settings, Change settings here.

The red crosses tend to indicate that you have a comms issue now my next question is can you ping the ENBT from your laptop

i am able to ping the scrolling ip from my laptop...

i am using rslinx classic lite, is this can create problem?

RSNetworks has nothing to do with it.

It sounds to me that you do not have the EDS file for that ENBT. With some Ethernet devices, the EDS is stored in it. Try punching it's IP address into your web browser and see if it is there.

We have some armor blocks that come with the EDS which you can get via it's web page.

Regarding BootP: You should not need to use it (and probably cannot) if it's already configured. BootP is initially enabled when the card is new. After it is configured (with the BootP utility or through linx) it is disabled. If it is not disabled, it will forget it's configuration the next time it is powered down.

It sounds to me that you do not have the EDS file for that ENBT. With some Ethernet devices, the EDS is stored in it. Try punching it's IP address into your web browser and see if it is there.

We have some armor blocks that come with the EDS which you can get via it's web page.

Regarding BootP: You should not need to use it (and probably cannot) if it's already configured. BootP is initially enabled when the card is new. After it is configured (with the BootP utility or through linx) it is disabled. If it is not disabled, it will forget it's configuration the next time it is powered down.

This is correct about BootP. If the device has an assigned IP address it will not report it's Mac ID to the network for BootP to pick up.

Are you using the Ethernet/IP Driver in RSLinx or the Ethernet Devices Driver? Sometimes the Ethernet/IP Driver won't negotiate the switch properly. You can set up the Ethernet Devices Driver and add the IP address of your ENBT Module to the configuration. When you see it on the network you can Right Click on the ENBT module and select Module Configuration and then go to the Port Configuration tab. Here you can set all your device properties to the desired settings.

thanks for ur reply...

In rslinx when i tried as remote subnet with scrolling ip in ENBT module, then i am able to see the ENBT device in RSlinx but not able to access it. the messege shows

? 192.168.254.xx, unrecognized device, 1756-ENBT/A and this time i am "not getting any flashing X red cross"

i tried to upload EDS from device but location comes as my computer drive and unable to find out the EDS.

can you help me with this?

The best thing would be to download it from here

Once you get the correct one for your card, then use the RSLinx EDS tool to register it.

The best thing would be to download it from here

Once you get the correct one for your card, then use the RSLinx EDS tool to register it.

(y)thanks a lot for ur help.(y) EDS tool worked well and i reconfiguired the ip settings according to our requirement.

but..... my problem dosen't end here..:rolleyes:, i am not able to upload/download through ENBT module...

i was using rs-232 for connecting to plc all the time. in serial connection i can upload/download program but it still shows unrecognized device in rs-232 as well.

i don't know what's wrong here.....
i have attached the screen of rswho....

problem is when u click on module it dosen't come as drop down tree.....

please tell me where i am going wrong?

screen1.jpg

Last edited:
Try this out
Shut down your computer and restart.
In RSLinx make sure the DF1 driver is running .
Go to the RSWho and click on the DF1 and see what you get.
On the + on the Ethernets 192.168.254.100 expand them as far as you can.
Now post another screen shot if you still have problems.

A yellow ? normally indicates you have comms link but your EDS file is not there or is not registered correctly.
One example would be if you have the wrong major revision number.

Try this out
Shut down your computer and restart.
In RSLinx make sure the DF1 driver is running .
Go to the RSWho and click on the DF1 and see what you get.
On the + on the Ethernets 192.168.254.100 expand them as far as you can.
Now post another screen shot if you still have problems.

A yellow ? normally indicates you have comms link but your EDS file is not there or is not registered correctly.
One example would be if you have the wrong major revision number.

it is still same screen coming up for DF1....

moreover, i can't expand + on the ethernets.

if i need EDS file for DF1 what should i look in Rockwell EDS resources.....

when i joined the company, i had backup of the PLC program where project path was AB_ETHIP-1\192.168.254.100\Backplane\0 which i never able to locate....

i access through RS-232 but couldn't expand backplane tree in RSlinx.

thanks again...

Last edited: