TSX Micro Online Modification with different versions of PL7 pro in PC and PLC

alex_bat2001

Hi Everyone
Can anyone help me with this query,At one site I am having TSX Micro 3721 101 PLC,For some modification purpose, I need to do some online changes in this PLC , it was earlier programmed by PL7 pro 4.3v by another programmer but I am having PL7 Pro 4.4 v installed in my PC,I have to be well prepared before going to site,is it possible to do online modification,Please help

Last edited:
Hi Everyone
Can anyone help me with this query,At one site I am having TSX Micro 3721 101 PLC,For some modification purpose, I need to do some online changes in this PLC , it was earlier programmed by PL7 pro 4.3v by another programmer but I am having PL7 Pro 4.4 v installed in my PC,I have to be well prepared before going to site,is it possible to do online modification,Please help
It is very sad no one knows about this

It shouldnt be a problem as pl7 is backwards compatible. You will only have a problem if you have an older version than the one in the plc

If you have original program on disk, it shouldn't be problem. You can then open program and go to online if PLC have same version of program.

But if you don't have original program at all, online modification can be time taking. I mean, you can load program from PLC. But there is no comments and variable names then and plc program is very hard to understand.

(Variable names etc. are only saved to project file, not to PLC)

Thanx Chud & lare for ur reply,

chud are you sure? because schneider technical support is also saying its not possible, but i dont believe them

Well i think so......hehe. I you have pl7 v4.5 and you open a program that was written in lets say version 4.3 the software opens it without problems and you should be able to connect. As far as I know it only gives problems once you want to open a program that was written in a newer software than the one you have.
As LAre said you should try to get the original program before you go. If you can open it then there is no problems