booted off line when accepting edits in logix 500

i'm having an issue wiht online editing with logix 500 version 8.200.00 cpr9 build 13, i have a 1747-L551 processor that i'm doing online edit in over ethernet and after i edit, accept and test all is good. when i go to assemble the edits it boots me off line with the processor to off line mode. 🔨 any ideas or help would be greatly welcome and appreciated from all the wonderfull knolageble guroos here.

:geek:

Do you have more than one copy of the program open. ?
Is another PC online to that PLC. ?
Is some one else currently doing editing. ?

These are only guesses, that could easily be remedied to see if they make a difference.

only one copy of teh program open, i'm the only one here for our department and the only one active. boss is gone adn coworkers are gone. there is a panel view 1000 hooked up via other comunication on a dh485 card.

I remember something about this when trying to do Online edits with the ML1100 over ethernet.

It had to do with RSLinx opening one connection to view the ladder online. Then to assemble changes it would open a second connection. The processor, to protect against two people trying to edit at the same time, only allows the first connection to make edits.

There were a few options you had to change in RSLinx to make it work. There was a knowledgebase article on it.

It's 32963 on the AB Knowledgebase. Unfortunately it says access level Tech Connect, so I don't think I'm allowed to copy the detailed info to here. But I think it's alright if I say you have to change the CIP options to only allow one message per PLC.

I had the same problem and the info from the Rockwell site solved it. It was something about the "max # of connections" in Linx if my memory serves me right. What ever it was, I remember it being easy to fix.