slc500 communcite with panelview 500

suboliu

I have a problem, hope get advise!!!!
I use panelbuild set a start button on panelview, and I set panelview communciatd with slc500 by remote, when I set write tag address, I use I:02.3/2. because I set panelview in rack 2. but when I vaildate, it said : cannot write to a output of discrete rack." if can not write, how I send this button signal to SLC500?

Do you have the rack number and rack size set up in your PB32 program?

Can you post the .pba file and the .rss file here? (zip them first and attach files to a post).

slc and panelview

thanks for your help !!!!
yes, in terminal setup and communication setup I set rack as 3
and start button address I:3.1/1 write tag is start and display address O:3.1/1 when I vaildate, they said:tag start and dislay does not have a valid address in the terminal assigned discrete rack and block trans chanel"
and I read mannal, mannal said: a tag can be assigned to any file type the slc support. but for input, it indicate "read"
late, I will send you this file.

You should not write to an output ( or input) address. Let the PLC control its outputs.
Instead write to an binary or integer address and then create some logic to control the output(s).

I have a problem, hope get advise!!!!
I use panelbuild set a start button on panelview, and I set panelview communciatd with slc500 by remote, when I set write tag address, I use I:02.3/2. because I set panelview in rack 2. but when I vaildate, it said : cannot write to a output of discrete rack." if can not write, how I send this button signal to SLC500?

What is the exact Model of the PanelView and SLC PLC you are you using? Are you scanning the PanelView with Remote I/O from a 1747-SN Remote I/O Scanner?

Stu.....

thank you very much:
I define panelview as rack 3, it should may use rack 3 address to thans I/o. according to you, if I use N file, how can trans this N file to slc? how can use instruction to trans. the N file? because slc instruction set does not have BTR and BTw instructions

mickey:
if on panelbuild I set panelview on block trans. how SLC500 main program receive this N file? slc hasn't BTR and BTW instructions

mickey:
if on panelbuild I set panelview on block trans. how SLC500 main program receive this N file? slc hasn't BTR and BTW instructions

My comment was about your post #4 and writing to output addressees directly by way of DH+ network. A remote I/O PV is a whole different story.

You still haven't told us the exact catalog number of your PV.

hi,mickey
my pv is pv500-2711-k5a1 protocol:RIO

Ok, that is a RIO PanelView. In your Terminal Setup when you selected the Rack Number, did you also check the boxes for the Modules, and Last Chassis if it is the Last Chassis?

Stu.....