micrologix addressing

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am doing a new project and was going to use the 1764 BXB
for its high speed inputs (encoder count)
The unit has 16 input and 16 output on the base unit, but wheb I started the file in RS 500 and entered the processor it shows 64 input addresses in the Input table. I am confused,
I have been programing SLC for 10 years and never used micrologix.

You can add additional I/O modules to a MicroLogix 1500, so the Input table is larger than just the base unit.

Incidentally, there are twelve outputs on the base unit, not sixteen. Outputs O:0/0 and O:0/1 are relay as are O:0/8 through O:0/11. Outputs O:0/2 through O:0/7 are DC outputs, with O:0/2 and O:0/3 being high speed.

Thanks again, I see now there are only 12 outputs. I will add an isolated relay output card and not use the outputs on base. I need to simulate 8 push button contact closures but need the high speed inputs to get pulses from encoders. I did one machine befor with SLC and a lot of HSCE, this time I would like to have a HMI & 1764BXB slave on each section and use DH485 to Master. Just starting to set up test run in shop and looking at options.

I remember scratching my head about that too when I used a MicroLogix 1200 for the first time.

I was told that the extra I/O data was to account for possible larger future I/O bases.

All MicroLogix 1200 and 1500 controllers, regardless of the actual number of embedded inputs and outputs, have 4 Words of Input data and 4 Words of Output data defined for the "Slot 0" embedded I/O.

Just start addressing your embedded I/O at Word 0, Bit 0 and ignore the higher address words.