1747-UIC Help

pct_jimmy

I need a little help with my 1747-UIC;
I tried connecting in to a SLC 5/01 using the C-13 cable and as far as I can tell everything is as it should, Linx sees the UIC but no CPU, I tried it with a SLC 5/04 using the RS-232 port on the UIC and same thing. I can connect to the 504 with the serial port on my computer and everyhting works fine. I tried a Micrologix 1000 and the UIC took off and no trouble with it. I'm sure it's something I am missing but I'm at a loss as to what. I have attached a pic of my RSLinx configuration and the com port settings...

RSL settings.jpg

First, did you set the UIC's dip switch to it's RS485 position?

The UIC operates at baud rate 19200, I'm not sure if that means the DH485 side also
only operates at that rate. Your SLC5/01 can be configured for 9600, 19200 is the default. If this controller is not a working controller you might think about defaulting it to factory spec's ( 19200 baud rate).

Also check the UIC version
I remember a new driver being released about two years ago.

1) The dipswitch is in the correct position
2) I tried resetting a 5/01 and a 5/04 back to defaults and still could not get a connection on either.
3) I downloaded the drivers straight from AB when I bought the UIC

Also I was able to connect to a SLC 5/02 that we have running, and I tried to connect to another 5/04 we have running and I was unable to connect to it. I am not as concerned about the 5/03 and up, I am just wanting to connect to 5/01's and 5/02's. The first 01 I tried to connect to is just set up in my shop and I am not certain as to how good it is, although a DTAM will connect to it.

Make sure the UIC device is not scanning when making any changes to the configuration. After making changes you may have to shut RSLinx down and then restart for changes to take place.

slccable.jpg

Last edited:
Also note that unless you have set the serial port on the 5/04 to DH485 it will be set to RS232 DF1 (the default setting), so the UIC will not be able to talk to it even if you are using the DB9 socket on the UIC.

The UIC is purely a DH485 device.

Alan

1) The dipswitch is in the correct position
2) I tried resetting a 5/01 and a 5/04 back to defaults and still could not get a connection on either.
3) I downloaded the drivers straight from AB when I bought the UIC

Also I was able to connect to a SLC 5/02 that we have running, and I tried to connect to another 5/04 we have running and I was unable to connect to it. I am not as concerned about the 5/03 and up, I am just wanting to connect to 5/01's and 5/02's. The first 01 I tried to connect to is just set up in my shop and I am not certain as to how good it is, although a DTAM will connect to it.

How are you trying to connect to the 5/04 ? is it configured to DH485? are you using a cross over cable or CP3? both are a must

What driver are you using in RSLinx? What version of RSLinx are you running?

Plug in your cable first then open RSlinx, when you click on configure drivers does it say running or conflict