Is it possible to get user input from LCD on Micro810

digeo

Hi

Ijust received the Micro810 starter kit with LCD and USB. I have been trying to figure out if it is possible to get user input from the LCD and keypad buttons. I cannot get the Key_Read block to work. The output of the block is actually connected to the CKYL (Cancel Key for longer than 2 secs) output. Is this correct?

i have only just used the 830
check the configeration of the processor
I will have a look and repost

it looks like you need to set up the LCD screen
checkout the help manual this is pg 35

You CAN use the LCD and keypad buttons for user input.

I have a project where I've confiqured the LCD as a simple HMI to allow the user to set times, and other values.
Takes a bit of work, but actually fairly flexible for a low-end controller.

For the Key_Read block to work you need to enable the key buttons each time after download.
Go the the 'Advanced Settings' and 'LCD Setup' and enable the key buttons.
This has to be done after every program download. Very annoying but I've found no other way.

Thanks, I eventually figured it out myself as well over the weekend. Did a program where I can enter on time and off times for a pool pump. Also indicates whether the pump is on or off.

Yes, scrolling to the P-Button option is very anoying, so I am using the digital inputs to simulate key presses while busy with development.

Hi Digeo
How did you get that right, Im also busy with one of these controllers, using three timers in the code and need the operators to be able to set the times on the keypad.
Please help.

Hi Digeo
How did you get that right, Im also busy with one of these controllers, using three timers in the code and need the operators to be able to set the times on the keypad.
Please help.

Check the help manual in the CCW program
look at page 35

kseafield

You use the key-read block and then P-Button has to be enabled in advanced set->lcd setup->p-button.

I have attached a project for a pool pump controller where you can enter On and Off time from screen.

Excuse style and programming as this is my first PLC project and do not know proper PLC programming style yet.

Seems the file is too big. Give me an email adress to mail to you.
most programs will post without problems
As this is a smart relay then it can not be too big.
You must Zip the file - that is the only format that can be posted