subroutine in ML1400 programme

amitss_sam

Hi, i am new to PLC programming. Need one help from you people. I have four ML1400 controllers in network. I uploaded programme from controller to my laptop in RSLogix 500. My intention was to check if the programmer has written PID instructions in programme (as I am not getting output needed for actuating control valves which are used in temperature control with help of temperature transmitters. In the uploaded programme, I can see the scaling of temperature transmitters (inputs), but then there is call of subroutine. after that there is nothing related to PID instruction. I have doubt that may be PID instruction will be in that subroutine. I tried to find that subroutin, but couldnt find. Can anybody please tell me where should I find that subroutine so that I can check if PID instruction is written or not. In data files I tried to find PD file, but there also there is no such file. As per my knowledge, if programme consist of PID instruction then it must build PD file for that PID loop.
Please help. If I am 100% sure that there is no any PID instruction in programme then I will write the same.

In the left frame, the ladder programs, other than Ladder 2, are the subroutines. The call to the subroutine will be JSR U:xx with the xx being replaced by a ladder program number.

If Bernie's good advice doesn't resolve this for you.

If you are permitted, post your PLC Program File (Zip it first).

Hopefully, we can find your wayward Subroutine.

Stu....

You are correct that if there is a PID in use then there will be a PD file listed under Data Files in the left frame.

A subroutine containing a PID might not be called from the main program with the JSR instruction, but it could also be on a Selectable Timed Interrupt(STI). If it is on an STI then you won't find a JSR to that subroutine in your program. If you open the function files under processor in the left hand frame and then click on the STI tab and the PFN parameter is set to anything other than zero then the matching subroutine number is being called by the selectable timed interrupt. See the attached picture for program example that shows both ways of calling subroutines. In this program most of the subroutines are called from the main program with the JSR instruction, but the PID is in subroutine 13 that is executed by the STI.

If you are still having difficulty locating what you need then Zip (or compress) your file and attach it to a post and we can take a look at it and help you out.

TJC100912-1.jpg

thanks to all. I have attached the zip file. there is no any PD file, no STI call, only 3 prgrammes I can see. One programme name is PID loop, but there is only scaling of inputs (for indication of temperature value in scada). It means I need to wright PID instruction. Am I correct?
I am from process, but now I am here to commission the plant where I dont have any person from automation.
I have done programming & tested but not used in contineous plant

You are right, there is no PID Loop, or no Outputs to speak of (1). There is also nothing addressing the Analog Outputs.

This does not look like a proper Program to me. You will have a lot more work than just adding a PID Instruction.

Time to find out where the proper Program is for the unit. Otherwise, you are going to have to write it on site.

Stu....

can u please upload one sample programme for taking input from temperature transmitter (4-20mA) having range 0 to 150, & controllling the steam control valve who can read 4-20mA ? Analogue input card is 1762-IF4 & output card is 1762-OF4