AB PVP to 5/04 via DH+

bigbuckaroo

I am thinking of replacing an exisitng standard Panelview 1000 communicating with a 5/04 via DH+ with a Panelview plus 1000 utilizing a 2711P-RN6 communication module. Can anyone share their experience with doing something like this? Good? Bad? Any gotchas? Tips? or Tricks? Thanks in advance for any advice. Tom

Last edited:
The above posted link, starting at page 5-3 (Setting RSLinx Enterprise data servers), contains information about setting up the communications for a FTVS application.
Make sure that the name of the shortcut pointing to the SLC controller is identical to the one listed between the double square brackets of any of the non-system HMI Tags "names" in your imported project.
This is a pretty criptic and seemingly "complicated" process for a "first timer" and RA could do a better job when explaining it.
Once you do it successfully a few times it will become a routine...okay...almost...:nodi:

Got a link that deals specifically with the 2711P-RN6 besideds the installation instructions? All the searches I am doing only find that.

Just to follow up I did get this working. I will explain what I did to benefit others who may have a question. The comm module itself is indeed plug and play but there are a few more things you need to do in order for it to work on your DH+ network. The following assumes you have a working project in Factory Talk ME. Open Communications Setup and then right click on Rslinx Enterprise on the right side of the screen. Select Add Driver. Select DH+. Set the station number and baud. After the DH+ driver is created, right click on it and select Add Device. Select appropriate device from list, 1747-L542 SLC 5/04 in my case. Select the address from the drop down list for the node you want to communicate with. Click OK. Create the Runtime file and download it to the PanelView Plus. Hook up your DH+ cables and verify you are communicating with the PLC. Hope this helps.