PanelView Goes Grey When Acknowledging Alarms

cipendjr

FactoryTalkViewStudio-ME v7.0, RSLogix5000 v20, Panelview +1000 Compact

In an Alarm History Display, I’m using “Alarm List”, using the standard Ack Alarm, Ack All, Clear All, Scroll Buttons. I can scroll through the messages but when I go to Ack All or Clear All, the screen goes gray. Requires reloading the *.mer to the panel. What can cause this and how would I fix it?

Does your alarm list cover the entire screen? If so, it could be you are clearing the alarms out and leaving the alarm list visible without having buttons to close the alarm list. As long as it is visible it disables whatever buttons are underneath it (such as your normal screen select buttons).

I don't have a station to check out, but I seem to remember making that mistake on my last project.

Excellent solution ! I would not have thought of that.

The terminal isn't "crashing", as such, but rather just closing all of its windows. You're looking at the blank gray background of the FactoryTalk View display container.

This doesn't usually happen because the Alarm objects are on a 'On Top' display, rather than on a 'Replace' display. You might have changed the way the default Alarm Display is configured, or have inadvertently put your alarm handling objects on an ordinary 'Replace' display.

Once upon a time, RA put some background text onto the gray screen that said something to the effect of "All Displays Closed". I don't know if that's still there.