A New Book: Aeration Control System Design

Tom Jenkins

Lifetime Supporting Member
This isn't a programming manual, it is a book on wastewater treatment and energy conservation. I cover a lot of process and mechanical issues as well as instrumentation and control in it.

It seems more than a few of you are involved in the wastewater treatment field, so Phil has kindly allowed me to post the links for those interested. It is available in both print and Kindle versions.

http://www.amazon.com/Aeration-Cont...d=1383418667&sr=1-1&keywords=thomas+e+jenkins

You can see the table of contents and the first chapter here:
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118389980.html

I had no idea you were an 'academic', because you never write or sound like one on this forum (a real plus in my book).

THOMAS E. JENKINS, PE, is an owner and President of JenTech Inc., where he provides consultation services to the wastewater treatment industry, including control systems, aeration systems, energy conservation, blower systems, and process equipment design. He also cofounded Energy Strategies Corporation in 1984. Mr. Jenkins is a Professor of Practice in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He also teaches water and wastewater treatment classes in the University's Department of Engineering Professional Development.

My congratulations on your book. It's a solid contribution to 'real world' design, integration and practice!

Dan

I had no idea you were an 'academic', because you never write or sound like one on this forum (a real plus in my book).Dan

Thanks, Dan.

I am NOT an academic. The center photo on the cover is me doing a start-up in South Dakota in December!

The UW Professor of Practice program is specifically set up to have working professionals provide that perspective to the students. UW realized that they have all these brilliant PhDs, but most of them have never actually built anything. Since about 85% of the students go right into industry the faculty decided that some non-academic perspective would be a good thing.

Congratulations on your book Tom.

I work in this field from time to time, so I'll be sure to pick up a copy.

Nicely done ... !

I am a big fan of the practice of Mentoring... you have taken it to a new level of Excellency, ... and I'm heading over for a copy. !!!:site:🍻🍻

Looks good! I'll mention it to the CUC (Wastewater, etc) folks here. Thankfully, I mostly get to leave the stinky stuff to them. :)

Congratulations ... I've been reading your replies in this forum during the last few years and sure that the book will be very useful.