Emulate5000 not appearing in RSLogix5000 Who Active

Aviator|Chris

Hi all,

I have a really weird problem.

I have Emulate 5000 running, configured with a processor and 2 I/O cards.

I've added the Virtual Backplane, and RSLinx see's the backplane plus I can drill down into the necessary cards in the virtual rack created in Emulate5000 Chassis Monitor.

But when I go into RSLogix5000 and open Who Active, the Virtual Backplane is not present?

I have the Emulator processor in the I/O tree, and its the same version (20) as configured in Emulate5000.

Any clues? Screenshot attached.

Thanks.

Who Active Mismatch.jpg

Hi Lancie, thanks for the reply.

But doesn't the screenshot show that I've done this already (top left)?

The Driver is AB-VBP-1 and in the tree is the active processor in the Emulator chassis.

To me its a bit weird because you don't normally see the chassis in the RSLinx tree anyway, until you go down into the comms type driver.

Yes, you are right. After thinking about it, that is why I deleted my comment. I don't know why your Emulator driver is not showing up in Who Active.

I think there is a bigger problem here, because I am currently on a remote link to a processor over VPN using RSLinx (Classic Lite 3.60) with an Ethernet Devices Driver.

RSLinx is showing all the devices as recognised i.e. EDS files have resolved.

When I go into RSLogix5000 and do Who Active, it shows them all as yellow icons with "Unrecognised Device, 1769-L32E" next to it, for example.

How can it be that the two don't marry up and see the same results? Bizarre!

Found the problem!

RSLogix5000 was selected to run in Compatibility Mode, and RSLinx wasn't.

When I unticked RSLogix5000 compatibility mode (right clicked start menu icon > properties > Compatibility tab) it all worked.

Cheers.