S7 pointers inquiry

lad_stl

dear guys,
please i read many documents about pointers in siemens s7 but i have a conflict in using pointers as i try to write programs but without any result,if you please can you help me to overcome that conflict to be familiar with programing with pointers.let us start with the first conflict

when i write that instruction
L P##ghost //ghost in FB variable declaration table is pointer data type
LAR1 //i know that AR1 here is loaded with the address that will be entered in the actual parameter
my Q is {AR1 is 32 bit reg. and the pointer data is 3 words (48 bit),how can this happens?}

For example, ghost is located at address 2.0 in the FB interface and hence AR1 contains DI 2.0 (instance data, offset 2.0)

di1.JPG

Similar Topics

Hello, I've just came out of a call where a program that was modified two weeks ago threw the processor into fault. The program has been done...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to get a 5069-L306er to talk to a Automation Direct ProSence Controller by using RA's AOI for modbus client but its stuck not getting a...
Replies
Views
The last time I did anything with Wonderware was just after the dot com bust. Boy, I feel old. Anyway, it looks like I will get the chance to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Some pointers needed: Having PC with WIN7 pro X64 and Amsamotion clone of 6ES7 972-0CB20-0XA0 cable and need to backup VIPA cpu...
Replies
Views
Is there any form of Reference Type or Pointer Type like Codesys has? I am aware that you can nut a tag in the index of an array reference. but...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom