FactoryTalk View Application Manager Error

bfly23

I am trying to restore a runtime application from my PanelView Plus 700 HMI.
I uploaded the .mer file without any issues, but when I went to restore the file I keep getting this error message.

Please check that:
there is sufficient disk space
the application is not open elsewhere
the destination application does not already exist

I have plenty of disk space and as far as I can tell the application is not open elsewhere and I have not found the destination application anywhere. I have tried rebooting my computer and that has not made a difference.

Just sharing my personal experience just a week ago. It happened after I installed the FTView ME software to our new laptop. I have exactly the same error message when I tried to restore .APA backup file (yours is .Mer file)

Rockwell Knowledgebase have some possible rootcause and solutions for this problem. I was lucky to pin down the problem and it was related to the RSlinx Enterprise not able to show at the "Computer Services" and thus the RSLinx Enterpise is unable to start. After I click the repair option for the RSlinx Enterprise (at control panel/programs) and it solved my problem.