Wire marking systems

Ihave 2 ID Pals sitiing on my desk. Neither works now. Both took a good bounce off the floor. Good machines, they just do not take much abuse.
Though the guys around here could break an anvil with a beach ball.

My main label maker is a K-sun Label Shop. It does the shrink tube style.Not as fast as others but I find the labels to be durable and easy to use.

I have to admit though. See labeled wires almost feels like a luxury to me. Most cases I am happy to see that the right size conductor was used.

Nice day for you.
I'm old telephone mounter. Why use any marking? If needed, follow the wire. If I can resolve I plan cabeling so that there are label as cabale ID in the therminal block. Terminal numer is the same as cable wire numer (don't use coloured cables, they are for artist). Don't touch the cable wires when changing connection, change internal wiring. Simple as haymaking.

I use Panduits PTR-2 Desktop printer. I use it with their self laminating labels which a roll of 2500 labels cost 130.00 Canadian. Panduits newest software is easymark, it is very easy to use.

We use Panduit Viper LS6 themal tranfer printer with self laminating stocks.

Have used the same printer for 3+ years with only minor repairs.

I also have a Panduit LS3E handheld ink type printer for field use.

Very happy with performance.

Wow, i'm jealous of you guys!:D

When i'm lumbered with panel building or running new cables/wiring as part of a mod,i use a cable marker kit like the one in the link below. It's pretty cheap and the coloured markers help identifying wires in a poorly lit panel (we've all been there!). The only downside is it can be a bit soul destroying at times.

http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/searchBrowseAction.do?D=cable%20marker%20kit&Ntt=cable%20marker%20kit&Nr=avl%3auk&Ntk=I18NAll&N=0&Nty=1&name=SiteStandard&forwardingPage=line&R=0557023&callingPage=/jsp/search/search.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@0885613127.1159300079@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccciaddilmjfidecefeceefdffhdfgj.0&cacheID=ukie

Seems the (multinational) company i work for likes the cheap and cheerful approach (well in europe anyways)

Bolty

Last edited:
BudW said:
DEC-Writer LA120 HaHa!! 110 or 300 Baud? Did it have the acoustic coupler option?

2400 baud, selected by, IIRC, depressing both baud rate selection buttons (unhacked it would be maybe 600 baud). No acoustic coupler option.

And a slight correction. I think it was in '81 that I did it as I was at that company from 77 to 85 and Apple DOS 3.3 was released August of '80. I'll have to check the printout of the program for the date.

I made the mistake of buying the handheld Brady IDXPERT label printer. The thing eats batteries like you wouldn't believe and it seems like I'm constantly fidgeting with the $50 cartridges because the labels get sucked back in, jammed, etc...

When it works it does a nice job, but I sometimes wonder if my $400 should have gone towards a better solution.

http://www.bradyid.com/bradyid/pdv/...elers/IDXPERT-Labeling-Printers/Overview.html