Crimson 3 bit

VJTX

I need to read bit B11:1/14 from my Micrologix 1400 to turn on an indicator on my Red Lion G307K2 display. Not sure how to read the bit.

It is not uncommon for those new to Crimson to overlook that the source address is a word address, not a bit address, and this includes B files and flag tags and so they miss the next step. Skip it and it won't work.

If you want to see bit B3:0/0 then after you choose B003:0000 as your source you must then set the Treat As parameter from "Unsigned Integer" to "Bit Array Little-Endian" and then set the bit number. Otherwise the flag tag is going to use the integer word B3:0 instead of the bit B3:0/0.

attachment.php

For your bit B11:1/14 you need to do this.

attachment.php

tc07161401.jpg tc07161402.jpg

Last edited: