Seperate Posting Section for Students?

I don't think so.

1) I doubt very much they would use it. How many times do we get the question "Where can I find a book about PLCS?"

2) Sometimes I feel llke venting my spleen. Stupid student questions serve to amuse and relieve tension and let me feel superior besides.

A section for students? I don't think many students would use it. I know if I were a student and wanted to find out some info, I would more than likely NOT use the student section.
If students are honest enough about their research, and we can usually find out by asking some questions, and are really stuck then why not help them. I have seen so many threads started by the question "one button, two output states" as in the case of the one button toggle. If there was to be a student section it should be the archives!
Just my opinion.
Bitmore

ps. something like a spell checker on the "post reply" screen would be more useful!

Student section??????

Casey, I think you have gotten the response you were looking for. As for me, well I wanted to wait and see a few responses before putting in my $.02 worth. I deal with students for a living so I am always looking for new ways to augment their experience in the class/lab setting. I have encouraged all my PLC students to come here and at least read the forum if not actually join and participate. That goes for encouraging them to go to Ron's site as well. The learning process is a long and sometimes difficult one for most of us and newbees are no different. The best place for "students" of any age, place, or occupation is right here in the tick of things. Like bitmore, I would love to have a spell checker in the reply window to help me not look so uneducated when I get in a big hurry and misspell every other word. Giving students the straight and sometimes painful truth to their questions is just what the members here do best. I like it and hope to send a new batch of trainees here this fall term.

Randy,

I have the same situation over here. I too am encouraging my trainees to use this forum. When they are lazy and think to get an answer from here, I surely can detect it and try to adjust their attitude. It's a superb tool for me. Attitudes are not always that easy to detect.

I second the motion for a spell checker, especially since English is not my native language. On the other hand, being notified on my errors is also a great way to improve on my knowledge of English. Another proof of the fact that every coin (or medal) has two sides.

Kind regards,

Students rarely follow up their original questions so a dedicated area would probably not be used.

I agree with Tom, it is fun to watch the regulars vent.

For spell check in any Internet Explorer window try ieSpell.

Sinceraly, Time initiated student for profession, I perceived the absurd. Students without know the basic. Coded of colors resistor, or swap wire motor trifasic inverter rotation, or medic know names of the instruments of day-works. Indignanted (less happy), of perceive (here) healthy facts in the world. Finally, the education by interests (or fashion by technology and/or $$$)
Perhaps, meanings of these facts bothers many this way

Do not we possible filter!! But not possible the world change (swap,clean), but can fortify a part.
My suggestion: Should sharpen (stimulate) the creativity and guide "as build and solidify experience". It build, somewhat for everybody, leave the result (selection) for the principle of Darwin.

Life long automation !!!
img_happycake.gif

Don't think the idea (student area) would work. The chances are small any of you guys who regularly respond to "real" questions would bother visiting the site.

Just my 2 cents...

student section

Hi
student section in this forum will not work,No one from the forum member will get into this section because the are all suffering from the students questions,If this section used by the students them selves without any responsec a while all of the will come bake to the main forum and left thier section.

Well, I was waiting for a couple of others to weight in before I conceded overwhelming defeat.
Since they have not shown up for several days in any of the posts, I figure they are on vacation or really buried in an off-brand aborition PLC ladder logic coding project.

Anyway...

Yes Ron, we are all students, some are just more student than others.

Tom, as usual, I can't argue with your comments.

Bob, be carefull LOL if you wind up rolling on the floor.

Randy and jv - we await your students, and some of the responses.

Jim - I think it would be interesting to see what % even come back to the site. I occasionally click on a person's name in the todays birthdays that I don't recognize, often they have had one or two posts and haven't posted in a year or two.

Mike,they are fun, some much more than others.

Nut, I'll ask Phil to give you an administrative password so you can spellcheck all the posts.

dandrade -well put

LR and hesham - I don't agree, but as I stated earlier, I concede.

____ and ________ - you were conspicuously absent

regards all.....casey

Last edited: