CP1L Ethernet

Patch102860

I have a Cp1L-M30DR-A PLC with a CP1W-CIF41 Ethernet interface unit plugged into port two of the PLC. Can anyone advise me of the set up procedure to connect my laptop through the Ethernet connection so I can monitor/edit my program (CX One software) thru the Ethernet port rather than USB?

If I remember correctly, you have to first use the USB connection to set an IP address of the CIF module. You then set the IP address of your PC to a different address that is on the same subnet.

In CX-Programmer, right click the project and select Change. Set Network Type to Ethernet.

Click Settings, then the driver tab. Set the IP address to that of which you set the address of the CIF module. You should now be able to connect via Ethernet.

I had written this from memory, so I apologize if I missed a step.

mendonsy, I got through the first part of the instruction without issue connected thru web browser and changed the IP address to 0. I went into the DM area and made the changes so that it looked like the example on the instruction sheet but still do not have a connection. any Idea what I am doing wrong?

By the way I love these links you have sent

I'm not really sure about the CIF41 other than what is in that documentation. I normally use an EIP61 module for the PLC's that don't have built in Ethernet like the CP1H. The setup for that module is different.

Just to Report in, I have Success !

My Ethernet Module is plugged into Port 2 on the Right side of the PLC. It was angry with all the changes that I had made so it had to be re-set to factory default. Re-set changes to the module by doing the following: go on line and go to memory
Bring up A
A525.00 will re-set Port 2, Turn on the monitor icon,Set Value of A525.00 to 3,This should re-set the module.

Dip switch 4 and 5 need to be on
You must use a Null cable if connecting without a switch.

The IP address is found in D32303 & D32304

D32303=C0A8
D32304=FA01
Break down of D32303 is as follows: CO=192 then A8=168
Break down of 32304 is as follows: FA=250 than 01=1

The IP address of the module is 192.168.250.1

Go to the run command and type
Ping 192.168.250.1 and hit enter you should see a return