Latched/maintained pushbutton panelview

akathomas

Hey there.

I have a ML1400 PLC and a PV800 HMI.
I have a problem with pushbuttons in the PV800.
I want to create a button that can be activated on the HMI, and change state back to '0', when i change state of the bit in the PLC. How do I do that!?
I have created a maintained pushbutton, and assigned a write tag.
'0' is yellow an '1' is green. When i press the button it activetes the bit in HMI and in the PLC to '1'- When i change the state in the PLC it change state to '0' in the PLC but its still green on the HMI!?
I have tried using a latched button. It works the same way. When i change state in the plc it is still green on the HMI. I can press the button again and it activates the bit, but it doesnt change color?
Has it something to do with indicator tag? I have only assigned a write-tag.
I'm programming it in CCW.

I have tried but it doesnt help :(
It goes directly to 'error' state when button is activated. When that happens, I can change the error state from the PLC when i change the tag to '0'. And it also change state in the HMI.

Udklip.JPG

Last edited:
Have you tried a Multi-state button?
The maintained buttons in FTView should be avoided at all costs.

I use only momentary buttons myself, and use PLC logic to toggle the state of an internal bit, that is used in the logic, and as the indicator of the HMI PB. FTView is too broken to use anything fancier.

Here is an example of momentary Alternating logic that rdrast mentioned above. It is written in RSLogix500 (MicroLogix) type ladder with LogixPro. You will need to change the HMI PB to Momentary and use separate tag addresses, one for the PB and one for the Indicator.

Last edited:
I use the following for my Logix toggles:

XIC Button ONS OS_Bit BST XIO State_Out OTE Dummy_Bit OTL State_out NXB XIO Dummy_Bit OTU State_Out BND

All items are bits. Dummy_Bit may be reused in the program.
For my actual programs, I incorporate all of the bits into a datatype to keep them together.

Thanks guys. This page is so helpful!

I manage to solve it with a latched puhsbutton, and assign a seperate handshake tag to unlatch.

Thanks again! You are the best!