AB PLC - What happens to local Analog Output modules when entering program mode?

ryangriggs

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, the PLC in question is 1769-L30ER. I have a local 4-20mA Analog Output module (1769-OF4CI), and also a remote ethernet PointIO analog output module (1734-OE4C/C).

The PointIO module allows configuration for a default output value when 1) when the PLC faults, and 2) when entering Program Mode:

5j35
You can specify that the output either hold its current value, clamp low, etc.

However, for the local OF4C analog module, there is no configuration option for fault/program:
5j34

I have two questions:

1) What happens to local analog outputs when entering program mode and/or when the PLC experiences a major fault?

2) Can we achieve the same functions that are available on the PointIO module? (clamp low, hold, etc).

Thanks for any insights.

UPDATE: I found the answer on page 65 of the manual. These configuration options are not visible in the GUI configuration dialog box (weird!), but can be manually configured in the Local:.C. tags for the module in question. Setting the FM bit to 0 (the default) enables "Hold Current State", but can also be set to go to a specified value upon program/fault.

Last edited: