ABB ACS Drive Parameter cable

djpalaz

Hello,

Does anybody have info on how to wire a db9 connecter to an rj11 connector so you can communicate from your PC to an ABB ASC Drive so that yo can use DriveWindow.

Thanks.

I have used drive window in the past, I was not aware that you could communicate any other way than through fiber optic.

I had to purchase a kit that included a PC card, fiber optics, and a module that plugged into the ACS drive. I believe it was an ACS800, but I could be mistaken

Here it is:
ABB_DrvWin.png

HTH

Dear RussB
i have ACS800. can i communicate to drive with above set up you have given? This way i can save up lot of money buyin all the fiberotic cable, and PC card and an additional module to be mounted on drive.
Please confirm if this set up can be used for ACS800.
Regards

yaseen3737 said:
Dear RussB
i have ACS800. can i communicate to drive with above set up you have given? This way i can save up lot of money buyin all the fiberotic cable, and PC card and an additional module to be mounted on drive.
Please confirm if this set up can be used for ACS800.
Regards
Yes you can. There is this unit called NPCU-01 from ABB that can be used along with DriveWindow Light. This works over Modbus serial link and I guess that would make it real slow. I've never used it because all my ACS800 requirements are for highly dynamic applications and then, I would need the DriveWindow wih optic links. For less dynamic requirements, the ACS550 is more cost effective.

From what I can see, the NPCU-01 is basically a RS232/RS485 converter and so, I would guess that any commercially available converter too should do the same trick.

Thanks for the replies, ABB lent me one of their NPCU-01. I took a peek inside forget about making one. RussB Your schematic is for an RJ45, I'm assuming its good for an rj11.