Allen bradley 1785-l40e/e

jtorres2_77

I have a 1785-l40E/E that I am having a weird problem with. I am not sure if the processor is bad or if it is another issue. The problem is the processor will not address slots properly (i.e to activate outputs in slot 7 you need to activate them on slot 3 in RSLogix and so on). I'm also not sure if it could be a firmware issue. If so, how do I upgrade the firmware on the processor? Thank you all for your help!

this is just a guess at this point, but are you sure that you have the correct "addressing mode" set up? ... specifically, are you using two-slot, one-slot, or half-slot mode - and more specifically, are you COUNTING the slots in the chassis accordingly? ...

suggestion: look under the Processor Status feature - on the Switches tab - and see what mode the chassis is set for ... post that information and we'll go from there ...

survival tip: tell us what types of modules you have in each slot – but use LETTERS – not NUMBERS – for the slots ... that method minimizes the ambiguity of using the wrong addressing mode ...

for example:

Slot A = 1785-L40E/E processor
Slot B = 1771-IAD
Slot C = 1771-OAD
Slot D = empty
Slot E = 1771-IFE/B
etc.

important: look in the Processor Status file as mentioned above to correctly determine the current addressing mode ... specifically, do NOT (I repeat, do NOT) look in the I/O Configuration area ...

Last edited: