Allen Bradley contactor control - high pick up current

Can't resist

4 of 4; "counter voltage" is discussed in the middle of the column on the far right.

P.S. GRS was a member of the Dow Jones Industrial Average from 1928 to 1930; GRS was acquired by an Italian company ca. 1986, which was in turn acquired by Alstom ca. 1989.

IMG_5647.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks I know, but then I have to put in a transformer in the panel wich I'm trying to avoid. Otherways the interface is the way to go or I just put a 230V contactor in there since it's controlled from the soft start and the emergency stop relay

The contactor is a 37kW contactor, I saw the D and E variants but those are unneccessary big.
Can't get a neutral to the panel? What voltages do you have available?

100-E contactors come with either a 100-250V AC or 250-500V AC coil voltage, along with the 24VDC interface. They are certainly a bit oversized, but they're much smaller than their 100-D series equivalents.

Can't get a neutral to the panel? What voltages do you have available?

100-E contactors come with either a 100-250V AC or 250-500V AC coil voltage, along with the 24VDC interface. They are certainly a bit oversized, but they're much smaller than their 100-D series equivalents.

Well , I can specify it but since these are standard and " mass produced" cabinets to diffrent industries a neutral isnt available at all places. So 24vdc is a must or 230v transformer. I found a Siemens variant with low pick up so that can work. And as you said the Allen Bradley 100-E contactor is oversized. I also want to avoid a dualphase coil otherwise that would work to. Yes I know, alot of demands to be satisfied šŸ˜Š