Alternative To High Priced Rockwell Software

Beijer is pretty reasonable, we don't pay for licensing.

Not the easiest environment to use, but compared to FactoryTalk View it is a breeze.

If you already have Siemens software, their panels have gotten pretty reasonable. The licenses are not so much tho..

Red Lion has great support with free (very user friendly) software, and their Kadet series have good graphics. If they had a 10" Kadet it would be a perfect lineup! I nag them at the shows for it, but they pretty much said not going to happen :(

Delta has a better screen lineup in terms of sizes and resolution (I think up to 15") and have widescreen versions as well. The prices I've gotten are lower than Red Lion and software is free.

With free software packages it's a huge advantage to our service guys across the country. I can send a file and have them dump it in, even if they aren't familar with the software.