Analog Input Module value Understanding problem

all4here

hello.
i am using analog input module....2AI (6ES7 134-4GB52-0AB0)
when i have applied the voltage like 7 or some time 9 volts
then i get the string like that
7F-FF-80-00
7C-F9-80-00
with no voltage then i get the
80-00-80-00

please anyone help me to understand this value..i already read the manual but
no help...

thank you

The part number you provided shows that it is looking for a 4-20mA or 0-20mA. This is a current input module, not a voltage input. You need to correct that first. While it would be best to use a voltage input unit, an interim solution may be to put a 500-ohm resistance in series with the input. This would limit your current flow to 20mA at 10VDC.

I'm going to make the assumption that the card is set for the 4-20mA range.
The values you are getting are hexadecimal values of the two inputs. So, 7F-FF-80-00 becomes 7FFFh and 8000h (the 'h' denotes a hexadecimal value).

Using your data, at 0v, there is no current flow. The hex values for each channel are 8000h and 8000h indicating an Underflow, or way out of range.

The other values (7CF9h and 7FFFh) would indicate an overrange (above 20mA, but still measurable) and Overflow (current too high to measure). Remember that there is nothing to limit the current flow through the input, so the very high values you are getting should make more sense.