Are you having any forum glitch issues?

It was working today using Chrome, but still messed up using Firefox, But now it won't load in Chrome at all - that security page that keeps popping up now reports: *Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.* and will not load the forum, while coming here on Firefox still has all the issues EDIT - all the line feeds are missing and can't be added, also I tried to answer by replying to a private message, but I couldn't there.

Last edited:
Sunday morning I was bouncing a spammer and got "Invalid Redirect URL:" error message on both the infraction and the ban steps. But they took effect behind the scenes and he was bounced.

I continue to get Invalid Redirect URL errors when logging in via the regular login box (although manually navigating to a page shows I am in fact being logged in). Happens on Chrome across multiple PCs, even after disabling all extensions etc. The page that actually loads is 'https://www.plctalk.net/qanda/login.php?do=login' but it fails to redirect to whatever page I was previously on.

Same thing with Edge, although I only tested on one laptop so far (and I don't use Edge unless forced, so it's a fresh install plus whatever my company puts on it.

I did not have any issue logging when I tested with Firefox; although I have had other issues posting here in the past with Firefox that made it essentially unusable.

If I, say, switch to a different tab and log out, then attempt to post from a tab that is still 'logged in', then after being prompted to log in I experience no issues and it redirects as expected.

PC only.

Not a glitch [i]per se[/i]

[Firefox 120.0.1 (64-bit); NoScript extension, maybe some others]

When I load this forum listing (https://www.plctalk.net/qanda/forumdisplay.php?f=2), the page loading process includes a security checky by "Cloudflare;" it sounds like everyone else is seeing the same thing.

At that point I sometimes middle-click one or more of the unread thread links, which opens them in separate tabs; I look them over, post my usual gibberish, and close them.

If I return to the forum listing tab and refresh the page (so I can see if there is an opportunity to post more gibberish), it yields a complaint about something and suggest I contact some administrator. However, if I click the browser [Go Back] button, then I get the forum listing, which can be refreshed without incident.

What eventually I noticed is that, when I originally opened the forum listing page (i.e. typically from a bookmark), it actually redirected to second page, although that page is essentially the same forum listing page. If, instead of refreshing that second page, I then click the browser [Go Back] button to the original link (likely from my bookmarks), then I can refresh that page without the warning.

Small potatoes, but the bottom line is that seems to be working okay, at least for my setup.

Have we given up on cloudflare?

Sure hope so

All I got all day was cloudfare prohibited the PLCS IP address and wanted the admin to issue it a new IP address

I really hope though that someone doesn't start using those captcha's that are all broken (click all the pics with a motorcycle/bus/traffic light but if you do you are wrong. I tried to login to a Michigan state website and went through over 30 pages of captcha's before deciding it wasn't that important.

On chrome login directly to the Q and A it repetedly gave me a bad redirect error, then I went out and just clicked home and went into the forum and I was logged in. Not the most robust solution but I did get it to work and it took about 3 minutes.

Same for me, I'm using chrome as well. But when you reload the site, I see I'm logged in.