BCD Conversion error in s7 300 cpu 313C

Jashu Vala

hi...
i have an issue in s7 300 plc, while we run the machine(in idle there is no fault) , plc cpu goes in SF mode, after restart the power cycle, it will got healthy, again while I run the machine, again similar fault comes up...as i attached photo

Attachments

• PXL_20240331_114431288 (Large).jpg
    PXL_20240331_114431288 (Large).jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 10
It sounds to me that you have a function that either converts a BCD to integer or other format or even the other way round, the data in the source is incorrect i.e. either an integer value is not a true integer value & cannot be converted into a BCD format or the other way round.
Normally you can check in the error messages where in the conversion code is Not done S7 or TIA for a number of years but in the old S5 system these errors were displayed in the IStack or BStack for example "block stopped in FCxx addr 3B2C. etc. so you need to go into the PLC diagnostics & it should show you the location where the error is occuring, The reason it goes into stop is there are error OB's that if programmed can ignore or do other things, these are called on an error. again not sure which OB does what but just as an example I/O error OB (we will call it OB123) if programmed will be called when an I/O error is detected, in this block you can thell the PLC what to do again not done it for many years but the above is the sort of thing. others on this site like LD[AR2.... who can give you a proper explanation on how to find the error.
I suggest you look at this or other threads about errors

Highlight the BCD conversion error in the diagnostic buffer then use the Go To button to open the block at the errant instruction.