BusyBox Linux FTP

mad4x4

Trying to write a bash script for BusyBox and I can't get the FTP command to accept the Username and Password. I have tried using FTP UN:p[email protected] but it kicks that out if I try FTP 111.222.33.44 it always opens connection and prompts for password. But for current user rather than the User of the FTP server.

Note if I try commands One at a time from $>> prompt they work fine so I know my method is fundamentally correct.

Here is my PutFTP.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash
ftp 111.222.33.44 <<EOF
UN
PassW12
prompt
hash
cd /STORE
mput /mnt/screen/*
bye
EOF

Passwords and IPs have been changed to protect the innocent

I did this a long time ago, have zero memory of how I got here, or even it it worked :) in fact it could be complete garbage, that is how confident I am :). My spelling hasn't got any better since then.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# program to get AT data from a moedem and create a section of XML file

ftp -pinv -P 21 rigdata.mynetgear.com <<EOF
quote USER admin
quote PASS somepassword
cd /shares/USB_Storage/RigStatus/rigxmlfiles
put XML_Rig_Data.xml
close 
bye
EOF
I know that I gave up and went to Netcat (NC) and used the modem AT commands instead. I think you can use Netcat instead of FTP.
https://www.linode.com/docs/guides/netcat/
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35470210/netcat-ftp-active-mode-file-transfer-not-working

Ok think I have found a solution, this is on a JMOBILE Screen and they have a function called ftpput, and it can be triggered by a button or a schedule etc. So when I print the report, after I will call FTPput . I already have the FTPPut (Button) working with a wildcard. so (if all else fails that will work ) .