Can Not Find Tag

NotrealTag.PNG

I have tested every screen and no single screen individually has this fault pop up, but when I compile and send to the PanelView it comes up. If I use running man like in the above image the "Item '[oxplc]TAH126' is unresolved..." message comes up. I have looked at every object in every screen, it is not in the data logger file, it is not in the tag list, I can not find this tag being referenced anywhere. Is there a way to better find where this might be coming from? I know the message means there is an attempt to look at a tag that does not exist in the PLC and have fixed several other issues similar to this. I am going nuts trying to find this thing.

I can't remember when the function was added, but FTView has a search function. Maybe it was always there and I only found it a couple years ago....

With any screen open, you can use Ctrl+F to use the search function in FactoryTalk View. You can also use (top menu) Tools -> Find and it will search the entire program. The results will show at the bottom of the search pop-up. You can click on it and it will take you to the display page it is on.

Another way, similar to JaxGTO mentioned above, is using Application Documenter. This has always worked on all version of FT that I'm aware of. Open it and the file in question. In the Explorer window on the left, near the bottom there is a folder called "Direct Tags". Expand it and check the box for "Direct Tags Cross Reference". Here you can use the Ctrl+F as well to search all the tags in the FactoryTalk file.

I'm not sure if the find function will search the HMI Tags. You may need to check there manually. Easiest way to do that is go to "Tags" in "HMI Tags" in the explorer window on the left. You can use the "Search For" box near the bottom left of that window to search for the tag.

@CageFreeBMW
Thank you so much for your explanation. I have honestly never used that search function, oddly I have never had a situation I needed to solve this kind of issue and I have made hundreds of HMI's. I digress, the search function oddly showed that the tag was not used on any screen anywhere.

I then tried Application Documenter, another tool I have never used, I am going to explore that more now that I know it is a thing. Turns out the tag was hidden in my alarms set up, it was a typo on my spreadsheet that I use to create my alarms and messages. It was supposed to be "TAH246"

You have saved me a ton of time scratching my head and I can sleep lighter tonight.