Create cam motion profile

aand74

Does anyone have knowledge of a program to create cam-profiles for motion control. I am looking for a freeware program that has good tools to create cams for a motion profile. Also there should be a feature to export the cam, so I can import them again in my software to program the motion controller.
This question is because I should want more flexibility in creating cams then in my Siemens configuration software.

What product are you using?
Have you looked at Cam Tool?
This integrates into Technology and Scout software

I was looking for alternative for Camtool.
I don't know what your experiences are with creating cams and Camtool?

What features do you want that normal cam tools don't have?

One of the best camtools ever written is here. Even our newer RMCTools curve tool is not as good as the older RMCWin curve tool.
http://www.deltamotion.com/files/rmcwininstall.exe
just go to tools then curve tool. You can copy and paste to and from an excel spread sheet if you want.
You must set the extend and retract limits before using and the positions are integers only.

However, some of the advanced features may not copy and can only be used with our controller.

Theme park animators ( Disney, Universal Studios ) loved this tool but they wanted only the tool. For some reason they didn't want our motion controller. They wanted the Rockwell controller. Oh, well we make that for Rockwell so we still win but not as big but our local distributor loses.

JRW, that curve looks strange. It is not a 3rd order Cam. The acceleration takes sharp turns and can't be differentiated at 0.15 and 0.3. It must be a 4th order cam or not a true spline.

Does anyone have knowledge of a program to create cam-profiles for motion control. I am looking for a freeware program that has good tools to create cams for a motion profile. Also there should be a feature to export the cam, so I can import them again in my software to program the motion controller.
This question is because I should want more flexibility in creating cams then in my Siemens configuration software.

Indramat (BOSCH) uses a tool called CamBuilder, but I don't think it is too exotic or feature rich...just enough to create the profile and export it to a .CSV file.
There was something in the Autodesk word that does this as well...(not a CAD guy, sorry), 3ds Max was the name of the product.....a local company used it to generate robot paths for an entertainment project.